"In 1897, a group of civic-minded Florence women banded together to form the Village Improvement Society to improve and beautify the Town of Florence, and at least help to keep the streets and back lots clean. That club was always small and didn't meet regularly, but always paid $.25 to Mrs. T.F. Weedin to keep the club's rake under her porch."
Much as changed since 1897, but the spirit of volunteerism continues to thrive within the Florence Woman's Club. GFWC-FWC works locally and nationally to bring about positive change with an unwavering dedication to community improvement through volunteer service. Simply put, we impact lives, through acts large and small.
We believe all women can
embrace who they are,
can define their future,
and can change the world.